2018 Maryland Regional Arts Institutes - Collaborative Conversation and Professional Development
A series of evenings for artists, arts organizations, arts leaders and arts supporters to gather for collaborative discussion and professional development.
Partners: Maryland State Arts Council, Maryland Citizens for the Arts, Maryland Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, Maryland Nonprofits, and Maryland State Department of Education.
The agenda for the sessions is as follows:
|Frederick @ The Delaplaine Arts Center||September 13|
|Havre de Grace @ The Cultural Ctr at Hdg Opera House||September 17|
|Baltimore @ Creative Alliance||September 20|
|Salisbury @The Ward Museum of Waterfowl Art||September 24|
|Leonardtown @ Leonardtown Town Hall||September 27|
|Annapolis @ Annapolis Shakespeare Company||October 1|
|Frostburg @ City Place||October 4|
All meetings will be held in the evening from 6-9pm except Leonardtown which will be from 4-7pm at 22670 Washington Street.
Please RSVP to Michele Hayes at email@example.com.
- Advocacy information: http://mdarts.org/advocacytoolkit/
- Sign up to be an MCA e-advocate:https://www.votervoice.net/MDARTS/register
- Please consider your membership with MCA: http://mdarts.org/md-arts-community/members/
Additional MVLA Resource Links:
- Copyright FAQ Videos by New Media Rights: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD1071E5E4FD66B73
- Copyright FAQ from the United States Copyright Office: https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/index.html
- Creative Commons Digital Licenses: https://creativecommons.org/
- Codes of Best Practices in Fair Use from the Center for Media and Social Impact at American University: http://cmsimpact.org/codes-of-best-practices/
- US Patent and Trademark Office: www.uspto.gov
- Trademark Overview from Harvard Law School: https://cyber.harvard.edu/metaschool/fisher/domain/tm.htm
- Artpreneur: http://artpreneur.org/
- Estate Planning for Artists by the Joan Mitchell Foundation (and Massachusetts' VLA): http://artsandbusinesscouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/call-estate-print-01-20-15.pdf
- Fractured Atlas for Fiscal Sponsorship and other resources: www.fracturedatlas.org
- Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service (for civil issues that MdVLA may not be able to handle like Bankruptcy): www.mvls.org
- Community Law Center (provides legal help for neighborhood associations and non-profit organizations (we also help with arts non-profit organizations, but CLC is a good resource that we work with sometimes): www.communitylaw.org
- Maryland Legal Aid (for more traditional pro bono legal services like consumer protection, landlord/tenant (residential), and expungement): www.mdlab.org
- ACLU of Maryland (for legal issues affecting civil liberties): www.aclu-md.org
Free Tools and Resources from Maryland Nonprofits: https://marylandnonprofits.org/Nonprofit-Resources/Documents-References/articleType/CategoryView/categoryId/19