MSAC’s County Arts Agencies of Maryland (CAAM) Network nurtures local arts activities across Maryland.
The CAAM Network consists of local agencies and non-profit organizations designated as official arts agencies by the governments of Maryland’s 24 jurisdictions. MSAC collaborates with CAAM Network members by providing funding and technical assistance to meet network goals.
County arts agencies further MSAC’s goals by encouraging and supporting local arts activity while championing creative expression, diverse programming, and lifelong learning throughout their jurisdictions.
The purpose of the CAAM Network is to extend the service of MSAC, supporting county arts agencies with the goals of providing:
- a vital connection with artists, arts organizations, and audiences throughout Maryland;
- encouragement of local arts activity of all kinds in Maryland’s diverse communities; and
- equitable funding for local arts through processes that are transparent and accessible to all.
County arts agencies fulfill the purpose of the CAAM Network by:
- providing equitable, accessible financial and technical support to artists, arts organizations, and arts programs within the jurisdiction;
- engaging with MSAC to strengthen and enhance an inclusive, collegial network of county arts agencies across Maryland, and promoting best practices for local arts agencies;
- encouraging and supporting arts activity and championing creative expression, diverse programming, and lifelong learning—as well as advocating for the arts in Maryland's counties.