MSAC announces regional arts forums
Input from all regions to shape Strategic PlanMarch 07, 2013News
The Maryland State Arts Council (MSAC) has announced that a series of regional arts forums will help shape the reassessment of Imagine Maryland, its five-year strategic plan. Each of the six forums, which are hosted by County Arts Councils, will be held at MSAC grantee organizations. Read more and RSVP to attend an arts forum in your region.
“This important process will allow us to gauge the success of the past five years and building on that foundation, identify opportunities to broaden the cultural and economic impact of the arts in years to come,” said MSAC Chair Barbara Bershon, in announcing the update. Updates to the strategic plan will measure advances toward its original goals and prioritize remaining opportunities.
The MSAC invites members of the Maryland arts community to attend the arts forum in their region. Please RSVP at least three days in advance by clicking the link to register. Questions should be directed to the Maryland State Arts Council at 410.767.6555.
Regional arts forums (listed by nearest date):
- Central Maryland (Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Cecil, Harford, and Howard counties and Baltimore City): Monday, March 18, 1:30pm-4:00pm at Creative Alliance. Register.
- Southern Maryland (Calvert, Charles and St. Mary's counties): Tuesday, March 19, 1:30pm-4:00pm at the Calvert Maritime Museum. Register.
- Upper Eastern Shore (Caroline, Kent, Queen Anne's and Talbot counties): Wednesday, May 1, 1:30-4:00 p.m. at the Queen Anne's County Arts Council. Register.
- Lower Eastern Shore (Dorchester, Somerset, Wicomico and Worcester counties): Tuesday, March 26, 9:30am-12:00 p.m. at The Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art. Register.
- Western Maryland (Allegany, Frederick, Garrett and Washington counties): Monday, April 29, 6:00pm-8:30pm at Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center. Register.
- Capital Region (Montgomery, and Prince George's counties): Tuesday, April 30, 9:30am-12pm at Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center. Register.
For more information, contact Elizabeth Gallauresi.